About Me

My photo
Approaching each day as a new adventure, loving life and my family, making art when I can.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Unfinished to do lists

This morning I woke up with great intentions. Grant too had big plans for his day. He intended to get to the garden this morning, but unfortunately had a long night of insomnia and came back to bed at about the time he originally planned to garden. Once he was up again and ready to leave, it was too hot, so that sacked the morning gardening plans for him.

I made a to-do list full of errands and a variety of things to clean. Dear friend E came over to be my help and my mom decided to come out a day earlier to assist as well. E arrived, I got myself together and finally we ran a shopping errand, grabbed food and came home. At that point, my mom arrived so we all sat down to eat, and a few minutes later another friend M arrived with her daughter and a bunch of clothes for Alchemy. What a house full of fun! We all sat around and visited for quite a while- me checking out the cute baby clothes with M while E played with the baby since it was her first time meeting her. An hour or so later, the good friends left and mom, Grant and I ate dinner and visited more with each other. Suddenly we look up and it is 11 p.m., so now we are all in our beds winding down from the day.

I didn't get even half the list done. Sure, we did the laundry which is awesome. My bag for the hospital is half packed which won't be too hard to finish tomorrow. Some things just may not get done- the studio may not be perfectly spotless after all and the upstairs may have to get vacuumed while I am at the hospital this week. The nesting instinct in me is high enough to be annoyed by the little things, but the rest of me needed just what I got today- some good supportive emotional time with my friends and family to prepare me for her birth on Monday. At this exact moment of writing I feel better about it. I spoke to my midwife today for a while by phone- she is going to go with us on Monday and be there for the birth, which makes me feel much better supported. Having my mom here with me helps a lot. Tomorrow morning I may be crying again, but that just comes with the emotional flow of things right now so I try to just go with it.

Already in my head I have a tiny to-do list going for tomorrow- grocery shopping in the a.m. with mom, making a big batch of chicken soup and hopefully lots of down time maybe hanging out watching a movie in bed. I have been ordered by our midwife to get mostly rest and good emotional time with Grant and the baby tomorrow before our big day on Monday.

Before I know it, my sweet girl will be here, I am so excited to meet her.



Location:Austin TX

No comments: