About Me

My photo
Approaching each day as a new adventure, loving life and my family, making art when I can.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Almost time

It's crazy to me that it feels like it was just yesterday Grant and I were on our honeymoon dreaming of our future together, imagining & hoping for kids.
It's something we have always both wanted in our lives- when we met almost 5 years ago, not much time passed before we found ourselves talking about our desires for kids. Both of us had been in previous relationships where for whatever reason kids weren't possible.

When I went to Portland to move Grant to Texas, I remember several moments of being together even that early in our relationship and sharing moments of delight and longing for kids together- two friends along our journey had children we had the opportunity to delight in. We found ourselves seeking shelter from the heat in an Arizona bookstore where I wandered into the baby & children's section, happily exploring all the cute things I would want for a baby one day, with Grant looking on smiling at me. Later in our trip we found ourselves up late one night talking about our hopes for children in our lives one day.



(Grant and I in Arizona on our trip together to Texas from Oregon.)

Fast forward 3 years to our honeymoon. After many months of working with my body in attempt to deal with potential fertility issues, as we played with the beautiful daughter & adorable son of other dear friends, I sat wondering if I would ever be able to conceive, not even realizing at the time that I already had on our wedding night. Little suspicious hints appeared on that trip, and by the time we returned to Texas, I found myself testing for pregnancy, to which I received a negative answer. (turns out it was too soon to detect) Being the stubborn woman I am, I didn't believe it, and tried again two weeks later. I received not one, but 4 positive tests then. (still stubborn, but now in wonder and disbelief!)

Never have I been so happy to say the words "honey, I have something to tell you" when Grant walked in the door.

It feels like that wonderful January 15th afternoon was just yesterday, yet now I find myself round and full of life, waiting for a new date right around the corner where we will finally meet our beautiful daughter. I have my moments of getting emotionally hung up on the birthing process not being what I was hoping for, but mostly I am just very excited to finally see her, smell her, hold her in my arms and kiss her little toes.

Soon, our Alchemy Grace will be here.






Location:Austin, TX

No comments: